Q: What are the requirements for the daily dimension of the CO2 module?
A: The CO2 sidestream module and the mainstream module of the Capnomed are not required to do any calibration in the process of daily use. We do range calibration when the products leave the factory, and our design ensures that the measurement accuracy meets the requirements within the life cycle.
Q: What is zeroing? When should we make zero?
A: When the mainstream module is connected to the monitor for the first time, it must make zero. When replacing the adapter type of the mainstream module, for example, changing the disposable airway adapter to a reusable airway adapter, zeroing must be done. It is also recommended to make zero when replacing disposable airway adapters, but it is not necessary. The mainstream module is not allowed to make zero when there is no adapter or sidestream module without connecting the gas circuit. In the process of zeroing, people must ensure that there is no CO2 enter the zeroing gas circuit, including the CO2 of the patient’s exhaled breath. The zeroing takes about 15-20 seconds each time.
Q: Is zeroing and calibration the same?
A: Zeroing is not calibration. For the mainstream module, the zeroing is to eliminate the impact of the replacement adapter on the results of the measurement, because the disposable adapters and the reusable adapter windows are different. For the sidestream module, the zeroing is to eliminate the difference of the water filter and the influence of the difference of the sampling gas circuit on the measurement result.
Q: How to clean the CO2 mainstream module?
A: After the power off the CO2 mainstream module, the CO2 mainstream module should cool down at least 30 minutes. The following is a requirement for cleanliness. Damage caused by illegal cleaning will not be covered by our company’s warranty.
Basic principle of cleaning:
- The concentration of the cleaning solution should not exceed the manual requirement or use the minimum concentration cleaning solution.
- Do not allow any liquid to enter the module.
- It is not allowed to immerse any part of the module in the liquid.
- It is not allowed to dump any cleaning fluid on the module.
- It is not allowed to scrub modules (such as steel balls) with rubbing materials.
Do not allow cleaning modules and cables such as autoclave, steam sterilizer, ultrasonic cleaner, etc.
The contact parts of electronic plugs and electrical signals can not be cleaned with bleach.
Basic procedures of cleaning ETCO2 mainstream module and its cable:
- Make sure that the module can be cleaned after at least 30 minutes at room temperature after power off.
- Clean and scrub the materials in the list of cleaning materials with clean cloth.
- After cleaning, clean the cloth with water and make sure that the module is dry before it can be reused. Before reuse, ensure that the windows of the main module are clean and the water and cleaning materials are completely dried.
Scrubbing the list of qualified cleaning materials for the mainstream modules:
1.70% content of medical alcohol;
2.10% chlorine bleach solution
Q: How to clean the sidestream,cable and connector?
A: 1. Cleaning with dry cloth dipped in 70% of medical alcohol or 10% chlorine bleach solution.
- After the cleaning is finished, wipe with the wet cloth after dipping. It is necessary to ensure that it can be used before drying.
Q: How to clean the reusable adapter for mainstream?
A: First, wash it with warm soapy water and then immerse it in the following liquid for disinfection.
- 70% of medical alcohol;
- 10% chlorine – containing bleach solution.
After thoroughly cleaning with disinfectant water, it is necessary to wait for air drying before it can be used again.
Before reusing the reusable adapter, ensure that the body is clean, there is no residue on the window and there is no damage in the cleaning process.
Q: What is reusable adapter’s working life?
A: The design life is 100 times, but the specific life depends on the actual use and cleaning methods of medical workers.